How it all began

In 2004 I decided to send my friends a Christmas CD instead of a card. I've now done this every year (except last year for personal reasons). The CD's contain alternative Christmas songs from a whole range of styles. Now I want to share the music I've found and hopefully some of you will point me towards great songs I've missed along the way. Many of the songs are charity releases so with a little luck this blog will encourage some extra sales and raise some money for deserving causes. I'll start by listing ten years worth of these CDs to give you some idea of what type of music I include and some cracking tunes along the way.

If the songs are available to download or on youtube I will include links. 

If you have any suggestions or what to catch the latest alternative indie tunes as I hear them email xmassongblog@outlook.com or

Comments

  1. It's great to have found your blog!
    I've decided to do a playlist of Christmas songs and carols by people like Sufjan Stevens, Alison Moyet, Loreena McKennitt, Sandy Denny, The Pogues and Kirsty MacColl etc

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Christmas Music: 2018's Playlist

Best Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas covers

Best Little Drummer Boy covers