Happy Hanukkah, Alternative Hanukkah songs.

Hanukkah starts this evening and to celebrate I thought we'd run down a few songs I've picked up on over the years that are dedicated to the festival of lights. Happy Hanukkah to everyone celebrating.

Woody Guthrie - Hanukkah Dance. The classic Hanukkah song from the Grandaddy of American Folk.

Rogue Wave - Christmas for the Jews, in which the singer comes to terms with being Jewish during the Christmas period.



Stephen Colbert with Jon Stewart - Can I interest you in Hanukkah. Yeah I know it's a comedy song but it's a good one. Gently prodding Judaism and Christianity in all the right places.


Finally for now I have The Minus Five with their offering from this year Festival of Lights (hanukkah song).


I outright don't intend this post to stop here but that's all I have for now. Please send any suggestions you have and I'll update this year on year. Get me on @Xmassongblog on twitter or email xmassongblog@outlook.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Christmas Music: 2018's Playlist

Best Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas covers

Best Little Drummer Boy covers