Sentinel, Night Flowers and Lambchop

It's becoming only weekly that I update the blog, I'm sorry for that but this week I'm ill so I have an excuse. Whilst I die of man flu get a listen to these picks from the week in Indie Christmas music. 

We generally focus on bigger acts but Sentinel asked politely and backed it up with a corking version of Sleigh Ride last year so when they tweeted a link to this years cover of I'll be home for Christmas we had to have a listen. It's all a bit cocteau twins with circling vocals and restrained guitar. Another winner in our book. If you give them a email address there are a few Christmas songs on their bandcamp, enough for a mini album next year maybe. 

Night Flowers got our attention at the start of the year with the brilliant cruel wind, partiuarly it's wonderful shuttle launch video. Now it's Christmas and their name cropped up again with a cover of the pretenders 2000 miles. Yours on bandcamp for as much as you are willing to give them. Proceeds are being given to CALM a wonderful campaign to prevent male suicide in memory of a fan who recently died.

If you look far enough back in their history you'll find a previous Christmas single. 

Finally Lambchop, it's not about Christmas or December really but we stretched our definition of a xmas song a long time ago. So here is new music from another one of those bands who we'd love to hear a Christmas album from. It's lovely thing all vocoddered singing and production tricks but it's got very little to do with the season apart from off hand references to cold weather. So really it's here through me liking it rather than any suggestion it could be used on a Christmas mix.

Comments

  1. I am music lover. My favorite music album is Trap house that is produced by Jake Millions. I really love to listen music. I have listen shared albums. In both of albums I love this "I'll Be Home For Christmas". Great music album.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Alternative Christmas Music: 2018's Playlist

Best Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas covers

Best Little Drummer Boy covers